From June 2016 – July 2017 Cockatoo Creative was an amazing space. One day I will put into words how we got here, what we did, and why we moved on…
This is a re post is taken from the 2010 Productions Events Services website, the business was sold in September 2018. This post acts as a reference to an amazing site created by Jeremy Thomas as a space to run his events business from as well as welcome other small business and creatives. Cockatoo Creative ran from June 2016 – July 2017.
Cockatoo Creative will be closed and out by 1st July 2017 due to the termination of our 1 year lease. We’ll let you know if/when we find a new place to do more fun creative things.
Cockatoo Creative is a new warehouse conversion with a modular platform for entrepreneurs and workshops. Our showroom floor is a unique way to present all manner of product for view, photography or film.
Location: 11 Close street Canterbury NSW 2193 – Sydney Australia
Wednesdays from 10am-8pm are the best for site visits to talk through your project are but feel free to book your visit in with us at any time as available. See the below events schedule for other things that are happening here.
One off, short and long term options for different uses. Casual desk passes with unlimited wifi or 2 hour shoots or testing workshops start from just $49 and include a coffee or fresh lemonade!
Close to cafes, it’s a 3 minute walk from Canterbury station and buses, just 20mins train ride from Central station plus there’s plenty of free all day parking for you and clients right out front.
Suitable for small business, start ups, freelancers, film/photo shoots, presentations, seminars, trade shows, markets, comedy/film festival, workshops and classes from painting to dancing and more.
Contact Jeremy to book your free viewing preferably Wednesday 10am – 9pm or try arrange another day. Free trial session for some uses.
- Free wifi
- Kitchenette/lunch room access
- Large desks with chairs
- Meeting and social spaces
- Reception area with wifi printing/scanning and laminating
- Close to train station
- Ample parking onsite
- Huge roller door and access to loading area
- Natural light, brick and textured walls for back drops. Talk to us about lighting, stands, paper drop and more.
- Power points including 3 phase
- All inclusive ie wifi, electricity, water, coffee/tea station, general cleaning, general rubbish.
- Canteen with espresso coffee, drinks, snacks and sandwiches
- Light catering available
- Plants and feature walls/areas
- Toilet and shower facilities
- Cycling facilities
- Workshop including tools and power tools (conditions apply)
- Pool table, darts, chess, backgammon, etc
- Close to supermarkets and shops, take away food, etc
- Next to river and parklands with outdoor gyms, fantastic bike tracks, dog area, 5 mins walk to bbq and football fields, bird life including cockatoos!
Just bring your own computer or other equipment and get creating, working and build your project!
Open 7am-10pm Mon-Sat for casual users with full time access available when permanent.
Please also consider the following:
No overnight stays
Periodic improvements and minor works
Contra deals available for the right person
Let the creating begin…
Information for the residents and casual users can be found here. Please email me for the password. Please read all the information and refer to the page as needed.
For a short year this space was great and really started to build momentum. But even though we were promised verbally 3-5 years, when our lease came up a termination notice was given and we have to be out by 1st July. A typical case of dodgy landlords telling you want they want, whenever they want.