A functional cozy space for businesses and creatives to host small workshops and events in
the heart of Redfern.
Established in September 2018 Cubby Space provides a multifunctional space for creatives and businesses to hire on a short term basis for a range of uses across multiple sectors and disciplines.
In the heart of Redfern we are surrounded by cafes, galleries, bars, business, residential and more. It’s a colorful area full of diversity and life with great foot traffic from a wide demographic.
The space has a window front entrance which provides access to the public retail site and a walk through to the partitioned workshop space. The whole place is white walls and ceilings with a neat gray tiled floor. Center lighting runs the length of the space with the front sliding window doors and window to workspace providing great natural light and air flow.
Decor and theming is very adaptable with floating partitions and modular furniture offering a wide array of set ups for your pop up. Art hanging rails and points adding extra theming, signage, posters, wall hangings and more are all part of the way things work, changing frequently and on a client to client basis.
Getting here is easy with Redfern, a major train station, just 3 minutes walk away via local shops, Central station 7 minutes walk through lovely Prince Alfred Park and just a bit further is China Town, Darling Harbour and the Sydney CBD. Cubby Space is also easy to get to on foot or by bike as we are on the cycle track and with the proliferation of the fantastic dockless share bikes you’ll be on your way and back again in no time.
With 2 loading zone spaces directly out front plus timed and untimed parking around the local streets bump ins/outs are easy as is finding a parking spot for those who must drive.
See the pop up shop information here and read on for info about the multi use workshop space and facilities.
- Training sessions, off site meetings
- Workshops in conjunction with pop ups
- Rehearsals and practice sessions
- Meetings, brainstorming, think tanks and meet ups
- Music lessons and jam sessions
- Activation hub
- Craft activities workshops and training sessions
- Retailers and business
- Designers and producers
- Artists and craft makers
- Brands established and new
- Startups and entrepreneurs
- A small, versatile private space. Approximately 6 x 4m = 24m2
- Modular furnishings: tables/desks, chairs, partitions, lounge
- White walls and ceilings and dark tiled floor
- Adaptable lighting
- Free Wifi
- Water station with fresh jugs and glasses for each session
- Tables and chairs
- Power points easy to reach and everywhere
- Access to shared kitchenette with kettle
- Access to toilet/dunny and out back washup
- Access to tiki garden breakout area for lunches and phone calls
- Sound system with Spotify streaming
- Laptop available for use
- Printer and laminator
- Snacks and catering (breakfast, lunch, dinner: ask for the menu)
- Musical instruments and sound equipment
- Extra ambient lighting